Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Shirin and Australia!



We celebrated this absolutely perfect Australia day and Shirin's second birthday with some wonderful friends and a bbq on the balcony. 


Jompa brought these delicious dips. I had far too much of it and couldn't eat anything else for a couple of hours. Brett decided to use our mini spit roaster to cook a chicken and a leg of lamb and I made a caramelised onion and blue cheese tart, a fetta and olive quiche and a potato salad. Yum. There's something very satisfying about dedicating an entire day to cooking and eating.   


Of course we had to finish off this lovely lunch/dinner with a...



..PAVLOVA! This is Australia day after all.



ML came around for some entertainment. There's some seriously funny things coming out of this girls mouth. One day I will write a post about it. 

  
Little A came around for a visit. 


And of course Shirin had a birthday tuna cake. I can't believe she's two already! Shirin was not happy about having intruders in her house. She was sulking underneath the bed and only came out for five minutes to eat her cake. Such a moody cat. 


Now I'm on the couch waiting to get out of my food coma so I can have the last piece of Pavlova before Brett steals it.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment