Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Red Mist drama

Brett and I took the Vespas for a ride up to Freshwater to get some groceries from Harbord Growers Market. As we pulled into Freshwater I noticed that Brett looked a bit unstable on Red Mist. And when I caught up to him a few seconds later I found out that Red Mist's gear box/clutch was broken. Not exactly convenient to be stuck that far from home with a broken Vespa. But somehow Brett managed to pull off a hill start and somehow made it back to base. Then we spent the rest of the evening reading instruction books and pulling the vespa apart. Well I mostly read instructions, solved problems and kept Brett company. And took a heap of photos.




 It's not fixed yet but at least we know what the problem is - the gear control cable has snapped. So now we just need a new cable and spend a few more hours reading instructions, solving problems, pulling the vespa apart and then putting all the pieces back together again.

But now it's time for us to watch the last episode of season 7 of 24. After that there's only one more season to go. I need to come up with a plan of what to do with my spare time after we have finished the last season. Or can someone give me a suggestion of another series to watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment