Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Climbing adventures


Brett, D and I went climbing today in the Blueys. It's always an adventure to go climbing with Brett. He has no fear and has 100% confidence in everything he does. Which I admire him for. But I'm not as confident as Brett when it comes to doing long, exposed lead climbs, so the climb we did today, Baby Carrots, (although not being very difficult) made me feel a little bit uncomfortable. Not unsafe. Just uncomfortable.

The climb started halfway down the wall, so we had to abseil down and belay from a tine, tiny ledge. Brett really enjoyed the climb, but neither D nor I were that impressed by the total exposure of a hanging belay climb 30 meters above the ground, so I don't think I'll be back anytime soon. I prefer to belay with both legs safely on the ground. But it was still an awesome day in the mountains and it was so nice to get out of the city and away from my desk for a while. Check out Brett's blog for some more pics from today.

My alskling is off on a work trip tomorrow so I'll be relying on Shirin for keeping the bed warm for the next week. Our apartment is freezing cold! 15 degrees. Maybe less. And we still haven't come to a conclusion about the car. I've been doing a lot of car research tonight. I must have looked at every Forester and X-trail in Sydney (on the web) and emailed Brett the ones I think we should look at. Brett claims he would like to get a Forester but he still seems negative about the ones that I suggest we get. And very positive about the X-trails. It makes me suspicious.  

1 comment: