Monday, June 28, 2010

Our mid-week ski trip

It's Sunday night and I finally have some time at home to do nothing and everything I haven't had time to do in the last couple of weeks. Like update my blog. I always find it difficult to get back into blogging after a couple of days away. But I will try my best and start by telling you about last week's skiing trip.

We woke up really early Wednesday morning to drop of the fur ball at auntie Lemona's. She was pissed off and cried all the way there so it was a pretty intense start to the trip. The rest of the drive was quite pleasant and we arrived in Jindabyne just after lunch time. As I hadn't told Brett exactly where we were staying he was going crazy and used every method he could think of the get the information out of me. Once he even stopped the car and told me he couldn't drive any further as he didn't know where to go. Very immature. But he was only 28 back then so what can you expect. I also tricked him once and told him to take the next exit to Jindabyne Equestrian Resort since that's where we were going to stay. He looked extremely disappointed. Very funny.

 This is where we actually stayed. Lake Crackenback resort. In an absolutely gorgeous studio apartment. I'll definately go back there sometime.


Wednesday night we had a couple of drinks at the bar in front of the fireplace and a lovely dinner in the resort restaurant.


Thursday morning we woke up early and went for a ski in perisher. I got to try my brand new tele setup, which I was absolutely thrilled with. The only thing that could have been better was the snow - only a couple of lifts were open and there was mainly (if not only) man made snow. But we still had a great day.

Thursday night I cooked a birthday dinner for Brett, while he was enjoying his one hour birthday present massage at the Crackenback spa. He came back looking drugged, so I guess it must have been pretty relaxing.


We started off dinner with a glass of Champagne.

Followed by a soup made of Jerusalem artichoke, mushroom and shallots.


For main we had Spatchcock with Hasselback potato, parsnip puree, asparagus and a yummy dark chocolate sauce.

Of course the white chocolate pannacotta had to collapse just before I took the photo. But it still tasted divine!

On Friday we were supposed to go skiing in Thredbo, but as we arrived at the resort it was raining, so we decided it wasn't worth spending $200 on lift passes. Instead we went home a bit earlier and took a detour to a tiny town outside of Canberra, where we had lunch an amazing restaurant - Grazings. A lovely little restaurant with organic and locally produced food.

Since this is turning into an epic saga and I'm really tired I will go through the rest of the weekend very briefly. So, after we finished lunch we drove back to Sydney, picked up the cat, went home, cooked dinner, picked up Brett's parents from the airport, baked a birthday cake for Brett, had cake, had some wine, went to bed, went to uni, came home, had dinner at Manly grill, had some wine, went to bed, went to uni, came home, had dinner, organised a few things, updated my blog. And that's where we are now. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment