Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 3

5am in Buenos Aires and I'm wide awake- compared to yesterday when I woke up at 11.30. I hate jetlag! But I guess this is a good time to share some thoughts about BA, so here we go.

The flight

Was awesome. One leg, business seats, good book and champagne.

The first taxi ride

Scary. Have never felt so much like a tourist before. Happy we arrived in the morning.

1551 Palermo

Is the name of our boutique hotel. It's in the trendy area of BA - Palermo Soho and is unreal. 60sqm of awesomeness including a massive spa bath and a huge private terrace.

The city







Love it! It's got such a relaxed feel to it. The people are friendly a d really seem to know how to enjoy life. Palermo is a really cool area with heaps of small bars and designer shops. Everyone in Soho is wearing ray bans and as we both bought a pair before we left we feel quite right.

The food
Last night for dinner I ordered a medium size beef tenderloin that cost about $10. The waiter however recommended that I'd go for a half portion. So I did. And I got 3 massive eye fillets and 10 different compliments. Need I say more?






I was so excited that I had to text our friend D to tell him I had 3 steaks on my plate. I wrote something like "D, I just ate 3 steaks (although that was a lie, I only finished 1 of them) are you proud of me?" And he wrote back "I just got a daughter are you proud of me?".

OMG!! The baby has finally arrived. YES I'm super proud! Congratulations! We will have celebratory steaks and champagne tonight!

1 comment: