Monday, October 11, 2010

El aguamiel

We have checked in to Hotel el Aguamiel in Maipu, approximately 30 min outside Mendoza in the wine district. The hotel is (supposedly) environmentally friendly. Other than the "green architecture" they have used to build the place, we haven't really seen any signs of it being very environmentally friendly though. But either way it's an awesome hotel. It's situated amongst the vineyards and from our terrace we have views of vines and the Andes.
















Yesterday we hired bikes and went on a little wine tour. Strangely enough we didn't buy any wine, just whiskey and absinthe?? But we had a lovely day anyway!













The rest of the day was spent relaxing on the terrace with some card playing and vino.








Today we had initially booked in a full day of wine touring but ended up cancelling as we both feel like relaxing by the pool and just being lazy.

Hasta luego amigos!


1 comment:

  1. I wish I was on a honeymoon! I want to ride bikes drinking wine! Alas I am in Sydney, studying for my exams :( booo. Looks like you're having a blast.
    p.s. I have a new blog! Tumblr. Not Blogspot any more :)

    ReplyDelete