Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Housewarming cake

Today LMC and Shg moved into their new city pad. Wohoo! I made them a Swedish princess cake to celebrate!




The cake before the marzipan




VoilĂ 




It was painful getting the right green colour for the marzipan. I was mixing and matching colours for ages. And I ran out of yellow so I thought it was going to look like a soccer field for a while. But I think it turned out pretty well in the end.

After eating far too much cake we helped put together some of their new IKEA furniture. LMC and I were racing R in chair assembling. I can't believe how difficult it is to put together ikea furniture nowadays. It used to be so easy. There was no way we could have built even a chair without the instructions. But at least we tried.




After a while LMC got sick of building Swedish furniture and started role playing instead.

Now we're back home and I'm so ready for bed. B is already sleeping and kitty is getting ready for a fun night of playing and disturbing us. I know that because she just walked up to the bed, dropped a paperball in front of me and meowed. When she does that at the start of the night it's almost guaranteed that you won't sleep at all that night. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment