Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wedding planning panic?

Yesterday I talked to my lovely friend C who is going to be one of my bridesmaids. I'm so happy she will come to the wedding and I'm so excited to see her. I don't see enough of my old friends (for obvious reasons) but it always amazes me that when I do see or talk to them, everything just seems so natural and not like we have been living in different places of the world for the last five years. I also realised how much I've missed C. Maybe I can talk her into moving to Sydney. A least for a couple of years.

Our wedding planning is moving quite slowly at the moment. We have some great ideas of what to do with the invitations and have a few other fun ideas for the reception. But nothing is locked in. Not even the celebrant. The only things that have been decided are my dress, the date and the venue. The other day I was talking to a girlfriend who is getting married in August and she has already planned everything - including accommodation for their honeymoon. It made me panic a little. But then I realised that B and I don't work that way. We don't plan things six months in advance. We usually book our holidays three days before we leave. I love being spontaneous like that.

But I realise that a wedding is a bit different to a holiday, so my plan is to have everything sorted at the end of May. We've even started looking into honeymoon options. At the moment we're thinking that Argentina could be a really cool place to go to. And maybe Brazil. After all, we did meet in South America.  

No comments:

Post a Comment