Monday, April 5, 2010

Lake Glenbawn


Had a very long snooze on the couch last night and didn't wake up until this morning. I'm extremely tired still so I think I must be "jetlagged" from the time change. I have been trying to get a grip of behavioural finance today but it's so difficult that I think even Einstein would have struggled. So now I have decided to let my brain rest for the remainder of this Easter Sunday and eat chocolate eggs and blog about our camping trip instead.

I picked LMC up from the city about 3 pm on Friday afternoon and then went to pick up PB in St Leonards. Since we left so late there wasn't any traffic at all and we had a great time in the car. Somehow the power source in the car stopped working, which meant I couldn't use the GPS or my mobile charger so we had to find our way the old fashioned way.


This is our campsite. We look like really serious campers, don't we? But not as serious as everyone else. We were probably the only people who didn't bring our own toilet. Another bizarre thing was that everyone, except us, drove to the bathrooms - even if they camped 50 meters away. And everyone, except us, were obese. Do you see the connection??

    LMC was supercute in her dress and beanie! So cute that PB, ML and I had to copy her style and bought very similar beanies at country target in Scone. And also because it was freezing cold at night.
PB and N bought a new car. A volvo with 7 seats! 

We had sparkling wine and played Jenga and Kubb. Everyone stared at us.


We left quite early on Sunday to visit some of the wineries in the Upper Hunter and found a really nice place to have lunch amongst the vines. 

For our next trip it will probably be to cold to go camping so we're thinking of renting a house in the Blueys. Can't wait. Just hope B can make it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment