Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jogging mania

I have become totally obsessed about exercising and eating healthily. My goal is to jog at least three times a week and also do some other exercising like playing tennis or rock climbing. I'm thinking of joining a tennis club to find someone to play with once a week. And LMC is about to move into a new apartment with a pool and gym in the building and we have a master plan of how to get back into shape. I've also stopped eating cream, creme fraiche, sugar and trying to cut down on carbohydrates.

My worst enemy at this stage is alcohol and all the binge drinking, which is impossible to avoid when you live in Australia -  and in the same city as ML :). Somehow there always seem to be a bottle of wine involved when the two of us hang out. But I guess you have to live a little as well. Surely exercising 3 times a week, eating minimal amounts of fat, sugar and carbohydrates will make up for having a few drinks every now and then. Besides, they say that red wine is good for your heart.

Yes I realise I'm trying to justify my actions. Reduce my cognitive dissonance. But since I'm aware of what I'm doing I don't really see a problem with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment