Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Homesickness and Camels

It's been a slow start to my blogging week. Maybe because I've been sick and haven't really left the house. And so I don't really have anything to write about. Since it's been three days since my last post and It's 1.36am and I can't sleep I've decided to write about two things that I've been thinking about today.

1. Homesickness
I got really homesick today. Sweden-sick. I think it's because I'm home alone, sick and it's winter and depressing and cold outside. And the fact that most all of my Swedish friends are going home this summer. And the fact that it is summer in Sweden. Which is just amazing. (It's amazing that it's actually summer in Sweden and Swedish summers are amazing). I also listen to the Swedish national anthem in a youtube video that showed beautiful photos of Sweden, which made it even worse.

I got so depressed about it that I had to call LMC. My personal psychologist. She made me feel better straight away. I think I really just need to get well and get out of the house and see some people. It's so depressing being all alone and sick. I have too much time to think!

2. Black and White Camels
Speaking of LMC, almost every week she asks me who will get the black and white camel of the week. The concept of the black and white camels comes from a Swedish reality show called Villa Medusa where contestants lived together in a house and tried to find work to get money to pay the rent. Every week they got to mark each other's performance by handing out black and white camels. So I'd though I would copy LMC's and Villa Medusa's concept and hand out black and white camels here in the blog. It could be to anyone. People I know or people who say or do something funny or stupid in media.

So every Sunday the week's black and white camels will be handed out by your one and only Swedette!

I'm going to kick off this new concept by handing out camels for last week.

Black camel
Winner: The owner of the 4WD who slammed his door into our car.
Motivation: For being a complete asshole and annoying as hell

White camel 
Winner: Brett
Motivation: For making me oxtail stew before going away for work so I didn't have to cook when I was sick.

If you're lucky (or maybe not so lucky) you might get a camel this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment