Friday, February 5, 2010

I don't know...

I don't know where I am. The UK? Australia? China? No, Singapore. Strange place. But very nice at the same time. I arrived last night and and checked in to a hotel in the city that Brett had booked for me. (He's been on a trip to London and didn't arrive here until this morning.) The room was nice but had the hardest bed I've ever slept on. It seems to be standard here though. The next morning I cabbed it to the Fairmont hotel, where Brett is staying when he comes here. Brett had a nap for two hours so I went shopping...

After Brett woke up we went out to get some lunch and ended up at a restaurant called Fatty's that Brett has been talking about for six years. I consequently had very high expectations. The spring rolls were, just like Brett said, the best I've ever had. But I still don't see how he can be so amazed by the place. It has no charm. Or maybe its lack of charm makes it charming. Whatever. The spring rolls were awesome. Brett however assured me that it's totally different at night, so apparently we're going back there for dinner tomorrow night. I'll report back later.

    
Then we went for a long walk around the city.


Chinese new year is coming up and people were going crazy buying flowers and other decorations.

We went to Little Sweden and had a fika.


In the afternoon we went to Raffles hotel for the most expensive high tea I'll ever have. Unless I become an expat housewife.Which is extremely unlikely. There were plenty of those wives around.  


 But it was goooooood. And the hotel is just amazing.

Now we're back at the hotel and will soon meet up with Brett's captain and S/O for some drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment