Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's locked in

My wedding dress is locked in. I've paid a deposit and there's no going back. I would love to post a photo of it - but I won't. I don't actually have any good photos of it since Adam (the designer) have had problems with people stealing his designs in the past and doesn't allow people to take photos of his dresses. Which is understandable I guess. I, however, really wanted some photos and made Jompa take a couple of sneaky photos with his phone this morning at the fitting, but they didn't come out very well. He felt like a criminal doing it. I could tell.

Other than all the stress involved in wedding dress shopping, I had a pretty relaxing day today. Went shopping with Lulis and Jompa and had coffee with Pitea at a little bar on Crown st. I love all the little bars that are popping up everywhere now that they have changed the liqour license legislation! Then Lulis and I went to ML to hang out on her couch for a while.

I noticed today that ML is the only Swede I can have a conversation in English with (when it's just the two of us) without it being totally awkward. LMC and I wouldn't do it as it would almost feel comical. But it feels totally natural with ML. Maybe it's because she's got such an Aussie accent. When we went camping in the Blue Mountains a little while ago, ML got cold when we were sitting around the camp fire and declared that "I'm gonna put me pants on", in the most ocker accent you can imaging. Hahaha.! She doesn't normally talk like that, it's was just one of those classic ML moments.

Ohh, I forgot to mention that we had yum cha for lunch today and the cutest thing happened. A little old Chinese lady had lunch by herself at the table next to ours and was (clearly) observing everything we were doing. Lulis and I ordered Peking duck pancakes, but just after I got it I realised I was totally full and wanted to give half of it to Jompa. So I was looking at the pancake trying to work out how to cut it in half using my chopsticks when the old lady taps me on the shoulder and hands me some toothpicks. Hahahaha, she probably saw me looking baffled and thought I couldn't eat with chopsticks - so she wanted to help me out by giving me toothpicks to pick up the dumplings with. Soo sweet. And funny. Also funny was that  I ordered a diet coke and received a  jug of diet coke. It's always an experience going to yum cha.

Now I'm going to bed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment