Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wedding cakes

Been spending the evening googling wedding cakes. There are so many different options to choose from that I have no idea what to get.

These two gorgeous cakes are from Sweet Art. The second one is probably a bit too traditional for my liking tho.

I really like these two that I found on "the knot" website. Which is a great website btw. You can find it here.

This white chocolate covered cake is another favourite.

My only problem with the above 'traditional' style wedding cakes is that they usually look better than they taste. My experience from wedding cakes is that they can be a bit dry and hence not very tasty. Most of them are made of fruit cake (which in my opinion is the most disgusting cake there is) or some sort of mud cake, which I don't like either.

So I guess another option is to have a Croquembouche - like the one below. It's made of yummy custard filled profiteroles. And it looks sensational too! The one below was made by Adriano Zumbo for Masterchef. Adriano Zumbo has an amazing patisserie in Balmain that I would recommend everyone to visit.



                                                Borrowed this photo from a blog called not quite nigella

No comments:

Post a Comment