Monday, March 1, 2010

Time to see a dentist

My inner left tooth is sensitive. It's sore and I think I have a hole. In Sweden we would say that "my tooth ilar", but Brett says there is no word for ila in English and you have to use other words like sensitive, hurting and sore to describe it. He also says that the fact that there are words to describe every feeling in Swedish is the reason he can't speak Swedish yet and that he prefers to explain what he feels using more words. But I think that's crap. Why wouldn't you rather use just one word that explains exactly what you mean? If you say your tooth is sensitive and sore it could be for several different reasons - but if you say that it's ilar everyone knows exactly how you feel. At least in Sweden.

Anyway, time to call a dentist.    

No comments:

Post a Comment