Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Once upon a time

When we visited Sweden a little while ago I looked through an old photo album from my trip to South America in 2003.

It was strange to see photos of people that I share so many amazing memories with but I can't even remember the names of anymore. It also made me wonder what all those people are doing today.

That Dutch guy we travelled with from Ecuador to Peru who helped me get back my stolen backpack. The British guy in Cusco who liked the Sophie Zelmani album my travel partner C played. Those two American brothers who ate our salty lollies and were totally disgusted. The Canadian girl who introduced me to surfing. The people we spent four amazing days on the Inca trail with. All those people that we had so much fun with for such a short period of time. I'm trying really hard to remember their names. But I can't!

I would love to know what they are doing today. Wish I had kept all those email adresses. But in reality I probably wouldn't get in touch even if I had.

Then I realised that B could have been on that list. The cute Australian with the crazy beard and gorgeous smile who patiently explained all the English words I didn't understand in the book I was reading. And who claimed he was a pilot. Crazy talk.

B could have been one of those people whose name I now have forgotten and only have a vague memory of spending a few days with in Peru seven years ago.

But he's not.

Somehow we managed to avoid becoming short stories and vague memories of each others lives. We stayed in touch. And in love.

In 6 months time we will get married. It will be the best day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment