Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kitty with class


When I was in Sweden a few weeks ago my grandmother gave me a beautiful old crystal bowl from a famous Swedish glass manufacturer. I nursed it in my hand luggage all the way back to Sydney and since we got back it's been sitting on our coffee table filled with water and floating candles.

In the past couple of weeks I've been noticing that the water level in the bowl has been decreasing and I've had to top it up with water on several occasions. I though it was a bit strange but didn't worry too much about it.

But this morning when I walked into the lounge room I found out the reason why.


 
Our little monster has been using it as a drinking bowl! I don't know why I ever doubted she was a purebred.

Tonight when I got home from work and dinner with a friend, Shirin was sitting next to the bowl meowing because it was empty and she wanted it refilled. And I refilled it. I guess we can draw two conclusions from this: 1) Shirin owns me, 2) The crystal bowl is now Shirin's drinking bowl. Only the best is good enough for her.

1 comment:

  1. haha ! And I thought she was fussy when she stayed here as she only wanted to drink from a running tap in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete